Authentic jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
David Jones Jun 14

Leonard Williams is taking a page out of Sam Hinkie’s playbook.

A day after Jets owner Woody Johnson asked fans to not judge the team by wins and losses this coming season,Authentic Ben Gedeon Jersey, perhaps pre-empting some of their criticism, the defensive end sounded a note of optimism for the team’s plans.

“I’m trusting the process,Authentic Dalvin Cook Jersey,” Williams said on a conference call recently.

That was Hinkie’s famous motto during his short-lived rebuilding project with the Philadelphia 76ers.

Of course,
Pat Elflein Jersey
, Hinkie is now out of a job as a result of that process. But Williams is more hopeful.

“We have a new GM and a new head coach,” he said. “They want their specific guys here. There were a lot of guys here before they got here and they didn’t necessarily draft or you didn’t know if they wanted them here or not. I think I’m just kind of moving on.”

The Jets are still looking for answers at quarterback and in their secondary as they engineer a major roster turnover, and have had trouble finding trading partners for Sheldon Richardson.

Williams led the team with seven sacks last season while qualifying for his first Pro Bowl.

“I’m going to try to make it back again,Dalvin Cook Jersey, but not be an alternate,Authentic Pat Elflein Jersey,Authentic Jaleel Johnson Jersey,” Williams said. “I’m trying to get at least 10-plus [sacks] and try to keep elevating my game more and more.

“Outside of that,Jaleel Johnson Jersey,
Ben Gedeon Jersey
, I just want to step up more into my leadership role. We have a lot of younger guys on the team now. We kind of lost some of our older guys. Now I’m stepping into my role and trying to be more of a leader now.”